SAP Consultant Certification Policy
Conditions for Participation in SAPís Consultant
- Partners and customers may register suitably qualified
employees as candidates for the certification examination.
- Participants in training courses that are given by SAP
or SAPís authorized training partners and that include the certification
examination may attempt the certification examination.
- Other persons may apply to an SAP international
subsidiary to be admitted to the certification examination. Candidates are
required to show they are suitably qualified and that their certification
fulfils a need. Admission to the certification examination is at SAPís sole
2. Examinations, Personal Data
- SAP will define and publish the scope to be covered by
each examination, which is subject to change by SAP without notice.
- SAP will define and publish the format and duration of
the examination, which are subject to change by SAP without notice.
- Examinations and certificates are release-dependent,
that is to say examinations cover and certificates are valid in respect of a
particular software release.
- SAP reserves the right to limit in time the validity of
a release-dependent certificate. The validity of a certificate expires not
later than the time at which SAP ends support of the release in question.
- SAP will define at SAPís discretion the releases for
which examinations will be offered and their validity in time.
- SAP may offer a delta-certification test to upgrade the
certificate for a particular release so that it is valid for the subsequent
release. Delta-certification test candidates must hold the certificate for the
current release. Possession of the certificate for aback-level release does
not entitle a candidate to admission to a delta-certification test. SAP
reserves the right to include in delta-certification tests matters of general
importance as well as matters specific to the new release.
- To administrate the certification program SAP or its
subsidiary stores and processes data concerning persons in accordance with the
applicable statutory data protection provisions. Candidates must confirm in
writing their acceptance of such storage and processing before admission to
3. Examination Rules
- Each candidate must produce an official valid
identification document with photo to the invigilator (proctor) before the
invigilator allows the candidate to start the exam.
- The candidate must complete the examination alone and
independently. No extra help of any kind is allowed.
- The time available to candidates to complete the
examination is limited and can be neither interrupted nor extended.
- Candidates must follow the invigilatorís instructions.
- The examination questions and tasks are copyright and
must not be written down, copied, or otherwise reproduced in whole or in part
or made available to others in any form.
- If a candidate disturbs the examination or breaks any
examination rule that candidate will be excluded from the examination
4. Assessment and Results
- The examination is assessed blind in accordance with
general rules defined by SAP.
- Candidates are informed of their result, by receiving a
certificate or failed feedback.
- Successful candidates receive a certificate with a
unique identification number.
- As far as reasonably possible, unsuccessful candidates
receive general information on identified gaps in their competence.
- Appeals must be lodged within three months after
communication of the result. SAP is not required to review appeals lodged
after these three months, and is then entitled to destroy the documents.
- SAP will hold the results of the examination in a
database in order to be able to ascertain, if necessary, what certification a
candidate holds and whether a candidate can be admitted to other examinations.
SAP may also use the data held to provide targeted information to certified
candidates and to enable candidates to retrieve specific information. SAP may
also inform others of successful candidatesí certification.
5. Amending and Replacing Certificates
- If a certificate is lost, the SAP international
subsidiary will issue a replacement.
- Successful candidates must inform the SAP international
subsidiary in writing of any change of address, of name, or of employer, or of
any other relevant change, attaching official documents and a statement by the
new employer, as appropriate. SAP will issue an amended certificate to the
candidateís new address.
- SAP may make an administrative charge for amending and
- Unsuccessful candidates may re-take the same
- No candidate may sit the same examination for the same
release more than three times. A candidate who has failed at an examination
three times for a release may not attempt that examination again until the
- A candidate may not re-take an examination until 30
days after the failure.
- Before admission to the same examination a third time
the candidate must produce evidence of training suitable to rectify the gaps
identified in the candidateís competence at previous examinations.
- SAP does not undertake that candidates can re-take an
examination for a particular release. Re-take candidates may have to attempt
the examination for a later release.
- Candidates pay a fee for all re-takes.
7. Certification Fees / Regulations
- Candidates pay a consultant certification fee for
admission to the examination.
- This certification fee covers the examination,
assessment, and, for successful candidates,
the certificate and ID-Card.
- For some identified SAP training courses the listed
course fee includes the certification fee.
- Where the examination is offered and conducted by SAP
the regulations for participation in SAP training courses also apply.
8. Infringements of the Examination Rules
- In the event of a serious infringement of the
examination rules, all certificates that the candidate concerned has been
awarded will be invalidated and the candidate will be excluded from further
examinations. A candidate who has seriously infringed the rules must return
all certificates to SAP without delay.
- In the event of a minor infringement of the examination
rules the exam of the candidate concerned will be assessed as a ďfailĒ but the
candidate may re-take in accordance with the rules for re-take.
- Infringement of copyright and other unlawful harm to
SAP will be treated as a serious infringement of the examination rules as if
the infringement or harm were done under the certification program.
- SAP will have proper regard to its duty of fairness in
deciding whether an infringement is serious or minor. The candidate concerned
will receive written reasoned notification.
9. Law and Jurisdiction
- These Conditions of Participation apply to the
exclusion of all other conditions. These Conditions cannot be changed or added
to, and SAPís failure expressly to reject a change or addition will not be
construed as SAPís acceptance of the change or addition.
- These Conditions of Participation are governed
exclusively by German law.
- If the other party is a registered trader for the
purposes of the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch) the sole place of
jurisdiction for all disputes arising between the parties out of or in
connection with these Conditions is Karlsruhe, Germany.
Certification through SAP
Certification events are offered in different countries. Note that SAP training
& certification offerings vary across different countries and regions around the
world. For course schedules and registration information contact your
local SAP Education training center.
Book your Certification via the Online Training Catalog
At the end of most basic and advanced training courses, course participants have
the option of taking part in a certification examination to verify their
knowledge of a particular SAP solution. Examinations can also be attended
independent of training courses: dates can be found at the
Online Training Catalog.
SAP Solution Academy,
SAP Training Centers Worldwide,